Saturday, December 15, 2018

ZTHÜREHZ – Zthürehz (Sill Y, 1981)

Instrumental, English vocals, Swedish vocals
International relevance: **

A very rare half symphonic, half new wave private pressing released in 500 copies locally in the band's hometown Vimmerby. Very rare yes and in the multi-hundreds region pricewise, but – you know where I'm going with this – incredibly bad. Even the band name is stupid. Not that 'Zthürehz' means anything in Swedish, it isn't a proper word, but it sounds completely moronic anyway.

It's all cheesy synths galore, crappy vocals, stupid lyrics, and twee songs on one hand pretending to be Kaipa 'ambitious', on the other some kind of punk/new wave. Well, OK, ”I'm Rich” could possibly have been a decent power pop number in the hands of anyone except these wannabe nobodies.

But the worst track by far and further still is ”I träsket”, a reggae attempt so horrendous I wouldn't blame Jamaica if they want to declare war on Sweden.

I suppose Zthürehz were pretty young when they recorded this album, and you could say that ought to work for the benefit of their questionable honour but the album still sucks mammoth genitalia. At best it sounds like a very embarassing school project some untalented kids force their poor parents to sit through in pain and boredom.

They named their label Sill Y and well, at least they got that right. Silly it is.

Nice album cover though, if you scratch out the band's name.

They (I can't make myself spell out their name again) also released a 7” in 1984. I haven't heard it, and I have no wish whatsoever to do so either.

Full album

No comments:

Post a Comment